Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where is my CH going?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Oakton, VA

Where is my CH going?

Help me figure this one out: for the past month the CH has been stable at 280, including this Monday and today it is 250. Haven't backwashed at all or drained the pool in the meantime. There was a bit of rain, but no more than an is the full test results:

FC 2.5
    CC 0.5
    TA 90
    CH 250
    PH 7.8
    CYA 30
    T 77

I have no leaks from anywhere, I am not losing any water...and I double checked the result
    free form 40k gal, IG, plaster, Triton II 100C sand filter, Lite 2 heater
    1 1/2 HP Pentair Ultra Flow High Performance pump
    Caretaker in-floor cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Where is my CH going?

There are a couple of possibilities, you had more water replacement than you thought, there was a testing error either before or now, or the PH spiked up and you had just a little calcium scaling.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Where is my CH going?

Rain, which will have no calcium in it, can reduce your CH in fairly short order. It can also do the same to your CYA and TA. Recheck everything to rule-out the possibility of a testing error and then you should have your answer.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT