Test kit for more than 5ppm Chlorine??

May 3, 2009
Other than the ones listed in pool school of course...I am aware of those, but already have a test kit that does everything else other than chlorine past 5 (or 10 if I dilute half)

Just wondering if there is one cheaper than buying a $70 kit for only one thing since I already have the rest.
I would just get the whole kit, but I have seen reccos to replace all your reagents every year and don't want to waste the $$ I have already spent.

IF and only if you currently have a Taylor K-2005 (which is identical with the K-2006 except for the chlorine test) then you can add the stand alone FAS-DPD test from either Taylor or TFTEstkits. If you have ANY other test kit (particularly ones from Bioguard and Pentair and the less expensive Taylors) you would be much better off getting one of the suggested kits. We have a lot of combined experience in pool testing and for the money (and even for much more money) nothing else is really going to give you the precision and ease and non ambiguity that the suggested kits will.

waterbear said:
IF and only if you currently have a Taylor K-2005 (which is identical with the K-2006 except for the chlorine test) then you can add the stand alone FAS-DPD test from either Taylor or TFTEstkits.

From what I understand that is exactly what I have.

To be sure here is the link to it:
http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/Home/ ... 00/I/81330

I made a mistake in trying to get the fas-dpd kit @ leslies in the first place. It is right up the street so I walked in (made my mistake) and out and didn't realize I had the wrong thing until someone here pointed it out to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.