rough pool floor

Jun 18, 2009
I just had a new liner installed in an older in ground pool (14x28) the floor feels rough and bumpy with coarse sand in many spots and some small but pointy rocks that are uncomfortable to walk on. Will these be pushed down over time? I haven't paid the installer yet, what are some solutions?

thebaker said:
I just had a new liner installed in an older in ground pool (14x28) the floor feels rough and bumpy with coarse sand in many spots and some small but pointy rocks that are uncomfortable to walk on. Will these be pushed down over time? I haven't paid the installer yet, what are some solutions?

Hard to say. Some things do smooth down with time. Is it a sand or vermiculite bottom?

Welcome to TFP!!

Before dropping the new liner, they should have retroweled the bottom and inso doing found and removed any rocks in the sand :hammer:

It's possible that the sharp pebbles will simply get pushed down and all will be fine :) - it's also possible that they won't and will poke holes in the liner :rant:

Call the installer and see what he says - if he says "all will be fine" get something in writing from him saying that he'll come out and fix it if the rocks poke through the liner 8)

I have the same, only worse, problem. I have a concrete bottom that was improperly patched, leaving roughness, and wrinkles in the deep end, and pebbles in the shallow end. I've fully paid, but I'm going to ask them to fix it. If they ask me to pay for the repair, then we'll have a discussion about who did what wrong, and who is liable. I wrote the check, they put the liner in.

Hard to say. Some things do smooth down with time. Is it a sand or vermiculite bottom?[/quote]

I'm not sure what the bottom was originally, but the installed patched the floor with sand mixed with cement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.