San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a 15 year old, 10,000 gal inground gunite/plaster pool that will need resurfacing this fall or winter. Waterline tile is in very good shape, so just the plastered areas will need attention.

I have naturally been thinking about having it replastered but yesterday I received a mailing from a pool company in my area that offers fibergalss resurfacing of plaster pools. This is a totally new concept to me. I have always disregarded paint and epoxy coatings, but the fiberglass option does intrigue me. I went to their web page and it had lots of info, but at the same time left a lot to be diesired.

Does anyone here have experience or knowledge with the fiberglass resurfacing of a plaster pool? I'll gladly post a link to the pool company who is offering tis servive if you think it would help.

Thanks n advance
DerrikM

I'm not a fan of Fibre-tec. I do have a customer who had done this for the past 15 years, and does a good job, but I hear lots of complaints about this technique over time. Once you do it, you have only expensive options for repairs.

I'd stick with replaster, either the premixes or an aggregate mix on site. 8)

Its the worse thing you can do to your pool. Throw that flyer away. Its the biggest scam in pool refinishing. I blast out a bunch of pools a year with it and the story is always the same. I called the company and they are no longer in business.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.