Frustrated with residue on bottom UPDATE with full set of #s

Just a thought but nobody's mentioned it.... the TA test bottles have been very prone to static problems producing teeny drops, which makes the drop count too high. I know your water is really hard but are you sure the drops are normal size? You can try wiping the tip with a damp cloth between drops to alleviate the static problem.
--paulr

Before adding bleach last night and covering the pool...I ran tests again just to see how everything was fairing:

FC 2
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 140
CH 300

My TA finally came WAY down..so I was excited to see that! CH even came down a little too.

I'm really having trouble keeping the pool cover on it during the day though. We are out in the country..open area and the breeze kicks up and blows it off everyday. I tried the sticky back velcro on the poles and cover...didn't work. Wind just pulled the cover totally off the sticky side of the velcro. Next step is buying clamps I guess.

I got it from frustratedpoolmom; the bubble wrap actually does have enough flotation power to keep a half-jug of water sitting on top of the cover, arm's length from the edge. Maybe she uses string or something to keep them from rolling around? not sure.
--paulr

The jugs just sit on the top of the cover - and they are full or almost full, actually. So the solar cover is floating on the water, the jug is sitting on top of the cover, about 1 foot in from the edge. I used three while I was gone for 10 days, pump running, and the cover didn't budge. They might move a bit but I've not had one sink or anything. The water on top tends to accumulate by the jug, like if it rains, etc., and if it sits for more than a day or two it can get scummy...

I think ya'll misunderstood the type of cover I have. We don't have a solar cover on it. This is the regular blue cover that comes with the pool kit when you buy the pool. Just thin blue vinyl and it goes over the edge of the metal frame pool and there is a string to pull an tighten. I think its a debris cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.