This information is now long out of date. TFTestKits does not ship to Canada.
Good news! On July 5th, I will be willing to experiment shipping the test kit to Canada. You may place a request for a kit immediately but I cannot ship until the 5th. Now, as always, there’s some not-so-good news, so please read carefully the qualifiers below.
1. I will start by only accepting orders for 4 kits until those 4 are delivered successfully. Once that’s done, I will ship any other kits just like in the US, within one business day of receipt of payment.
2. Please do not order the kit thru the website. If you’d like one, email me your order and whether or not you’d like the salt test option. I will then email an invoice to you that you can pay thru Paypal or with any major credit card.
3. I will only send invoices to the first four that indicate they want a kit. All other emails will get a reply from me stating that I have your request. I will send you an invoice once the first four “guinea pigs” have received their kits.
4. The kit will be the same price in US dollars as in the US. $68.00 standard price, $63.00 for a TFP annual supporter, and $58.00 for a TFP lifetime supporter.
5. Shipping will be only by USPS International Priority Mail. My speculation is it will take 3-6 days from the day it’s shipped, but I truly have no idea if that’s correct.
6. This is a biggie….shipping and handling will be a flat $35.00 US dollars. It will include insurance for $68.00 and Confirmation of Delivery……you may have to sign for it.
Please read these last two items carefully:
1. Customs or tariffs will be the responsibility of the recipient. I just can’t figure out how much, or if any, it will be. That will have to be between you and Canada Post.
2. In the event the kit is lost in transit, I will provide you proof of mailing but the collection of damages (getting your money back) I have to leave primarily on your shoulders. Our long-time experience with US Postal claims has been, well, not impossible but tedious.
As a business person who truly wants this to work, I realize I have made the transaction less comfortable than either of us would like. However, as a businessperson again, I am compelled to put all these qualifiers in place because I am exposed to significantly increased issues that may be very difficult to handle. I really hope this all goes smoothly and ya’ll can get a good kit in your possession that will help you maintain your pools. I look forward to hearing from you.