After all my "begging for help" posts.. I think we have it!!

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
Pics of the pool are here....

http://picasaweb.google.com/cherylhof19/Pool#

THANKS so much for all your hand holding!!!!!! :party:

My tests this morning showed:
FC 3 (barely though - I'll add bleach in the morning)
ph 7.2
TA 70
CYA b/t 30 and 40ish

I did not do the CC or TC test...

P.S. There are pics of the old liner that was shredded by the ice and wind in there.. and yes! that was a concrete block in there - we're still trying to figure out how that got in there!! :hammer:

Looks great and I can see the kids are all ready to enjoy it! Grats on a beautiful pool. :cheers:

I am curious, what did you decide about the liner hole? Either way it would have been a tough decision to make, I am sorry you had to make it.

Laenini said:
I am curious, what did you decide about the liner hole?

We just had him patch it good - here's why. Everything we touch goes wrong. Fates would have had a FIELD day with me if I had made him replace it. I know (within .000000000000005% of a chance), that if we would have made him replace it, we would have ended up with 25 holes from the siding and guttering guys over the next weeks. That's the way it works for us! :hammer: He took $500 off the installation then - enough for us to buy another liner when the need arises - hopefully MANY MANY years down the road! (and he said he'll come back and do that for free - I'm not banking on it, but the sentiment is nice)

So, I know you guys are saying "why did you ask for our advice and then not follow it?" - I'm a Carseat Tech (Child Passenger Safety Technician) as a "hobby" - and people will ask me about carseats and I'll spend a ton of time helping a family install/choose/etc carseats.. and the next time I see them in town the kids are bouncing around the car, or sitting in the front seat or in a booster at 2 years of age or something. I just get frustrated (to myself) and think "Why do they ask for my help if they are going to disregard everything I taught them" or "Why do I even try?" - and of course, I know that answer - In case I save ONE life.

But I digress - so I feel bad for disregarding all of you experts' advice, but I KNOW - truly know - how fate kicks my butt every time :whip: , and I just decided I wasn't going that route!!!! And siding is done and no holes. Gutters will be next, so hopefully they do just as well!! :cheers:

I have that same liner...Awesome!!! I love it because my water always looks deep dark blue. As far as the concrete block...I have the culprit...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cherylhof19 ... 9091582706

In my house I always blame the cat...because he is never around when things go wrong...so like clark kent is never around when superman is saving the day...Sgt. Tibbs is never around when things go bad...So I aways blame him... :goodjob:

cubbybeave08 said:
I have that same liner...Awesome!!! I love it because my water always looks deep dark blue. As far as the concrete block...I have the culprit...

http://picasaweb.google.com/cherylhof19 ... 9091582706

In my house I always blame the cat...because he is never around when things go wrong...so like clark kent is never around when superman is saving the day...Sgt. Tibbs is never around when things go bad...So I aways blame him... :goodjob:

That's funny! Thanks for the laugh!!! :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.