St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
OK... Not really sure where this falls so I thought I would post it here.

Tonight while swimming, my 5 year old had a little accident in her pants. She went #2 a little bit. Being this is very unlike her, I am not sure what needs to be done to keep the pool sanitary. Any advice is welcome!!

Thanks!!

OK... Thanks. Nothing got in the pool as it was contained within her bathing suit. I brought the chlorine up to 10 today (since that is all I had of the liquid) and ran the filter all night. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Well she did it again.... Her mom gave her a laxative and it hit her all of the sudden. This time it was loose!! I vaccumed everything that went to the bottom then removed the filter and put a different one in. I then dropped in 2 1/2 gallons of chlorine. I left the pump on all night.

Is there anything else I should do? Is there anything I should not have done? How long should I hold the FC up and at what levels?

Thank you!!!

Ok... Well I added 2 1/2 gallons which didn't seem to be enough so I added another 5 gallons of chlorine. After acouple of days I tested it just to see where it was. I was sitting at 5ppm so I went and got another 5 gallons and let it circulate for 24-48 hours with the pump running 24/7. I tested last night about 9PM and it was at 18ppm and then I tested again this morning at 6AM and it was still at 18ppm. My SWG was turned off too.

It has been almost a week and 12.5 gallons of chlorine later, so am I in the clear now?

Thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.