Winterizing, already? Where to find these products please..

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
Yes, Southeastern, PA and I'm already thinking winterization. Why? Because I'm a newbie and have nothing for the process.
Where is the best place(s) to find:
1 - Arctic Armor Micro Mesh Winter Cover
2 - Polquat algaecide
3 - Gaskacinch
4 - leaf net (if we decide we need one)

#3 just seems like a good idea to have around. I'm familiar with replacing valve cover gaskets, etc., so if there are issues it could come in handy.

# 1 was used by another forum member with good results. I don't believe we'll get much leaves, and debris (we never have in the yard), so I'd prefer to try a mesh cover and alleviate the swamp on the surface. Any downside to the mesh covers?

thanks

Mesh covers let light in, so you need to be earlier with your opening to avoid algae.

Polyquat is usually listed as algaecide 60 or something to that effect.

I don't have any idea what gaskacinch is, but if it isn't designed for pools, don't use it.

Most everything pool related can be found at the big pool catalog places like Poolandspawarehouse.com a2zpoolsupply.com poolandspasupplystore.com and poolgeek.com In the Swim, Leslie's, Doheny's Water Warhouse, Amerimerc, Poolcenter.com

Thanks for the resources, at leat I can see the products, etc.

I don't think I have an issue with opening the pool early. However, I don't think we get a ton of leaves and debris, so my only issue with a regular cover would be water accumulation. And pillows don't seem like something I want to deal with. Hmm.....

dattia said:
Hey joseywales... I am in West Chester... we are practically neighbors!

I applaud you for thinking about winterizing so early. I didn't last year and the time just slipped away. I am paying dearly for it this year. :cry:

I actually lived in West Goshen for 6 years! Really liked it, but needed to move to where the mrs was closer to her work. One thing I don't miss is the number of sticks and LEAVES!! I would have had to clear the lot in WG to have a pool. Here, we have none in our backyard and the neighbors have spruces that don't throw much at all on to our property. I just can't decide on a mesh cover or regular. I know it's one of those things where one doesn't think they get much leaves, until they start landing in the pool :wink:

I have to admit that my beautiful West Goshen trees have gotten the better of me and the pool this year. I am hanging in there though.

We had a woven cover two years ago that became so heavy with water that we couldn't get it off...until we sliced into it with knives to release the water. Heavy storms and flooding in the area made it virtually impossible to find a submersible pump. Everything ended up in the crystal clear water and we started from scratch... Ugh! This past year I didn't cover at all, thinking it couldn't be any worse, but I was wrong! :D

aah yes. West Goshen, the strangest weather region I've ever lived in. When it drizzles up the road, you get 5" of rain. If all Chester County gets an inch of snow, you get blanketed. there must be a weather belt that catches that end of Chester County. I know others have agreed with that as well.

good luck getting the water squared away. I'm sure these folks are a huge help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.