Need a Valve...2 Inputs, 2 Outputs...

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I've got the Hayward EC65 DE Filter...the kind with the fingers and the kind you bump. No backwashing.

Currently, the output of my pump goes to my filter. The output of my filter goes to the sole input of my valve. My valve has 2 outputs...one for each return. I can set it so that either one is on, both are on, or both are off.

What I need now though is the same set up, except that I need my valve to have 2 inputs...One from the filter, and one from the pump. This way I can bypass the filter when I need to (I've had a need to a few times and wasn't able to).

Do they make valves with this configuration? If not, I'll need an extra valve like I currently have, as drawn out in option c below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• pool valve.jpg
    pool valve.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 141
B doesn't exist, so you want option C. Even if you could get a four port valve, having two valves is simpler to operate. The two functions being controlled are really independent of each other.

Option C won't actually bypass the filter completely, a very small amount of water will still go through the filter. Are you sure you don't really want a standard rotary multi-port valve and your existing three way valve? That will allow you to bypass the filter completely, vacuum to waste, and a few other things that may or may not be useful.

Thanks for the response!

Hmmm...Not sure I follow. Why would some water still go through the filter? If I turn off the output to the filter on the first valve, and set the second valve to only receive input from the pump, then the filter shouldn't be able to get any water, right? Or were you thinking that the first valve wasn't a valve but just a splitter that couldn't shut off the output to the filter?

I'm totally up for another option if there's a better one out there though! Do you have a specific model multi-port in mind? Most I found on line mentioned that it was for a specific model filter, or for a sand filter...

Thanks again!

Look up the appropriate multivalve for your hayward ec65. They usually list it in the optional items list with all the product specs.

The multivalve makes all of this so much easier and understandable when someone else has to figure it out. :)

mtbarr64 said:
Look up the appropriate multivalve for your hayward ec65. They usually list it in the optional items list with all the product specs.

The multivalve makes all of this so much easier and understandable when someone else has to figure it out. :)

I'd like to, but I can't seem to find one listed anywhere...Then I found this post which says:

"The EC65 has been around for just about forever. They work great but still require the same maintenacne as do other DE filters. The only downfall is no multiport valve is available with the EC 65"

over at: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index ... opic=12136

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.