Small Pool - Spa Vacuum

Jun 14, 2009
Phoenix, Az
Hello everyone,

I was at Wal*Mart this morning and saw a small pool/spa vacuum that uses a hose instead of the filter.

Has anyone had any luck with something like this. I would like something that would last the rest of the summer. I don't think my Intex pump can handle a vacuum.

I used one when I had an Intex. Not too impressed, but then I have to deal with the fine desert silt that gets blown into my pool. Tended to blow the real fine stuff out of the way instead of up into it. But if your debris is heavier, you might have better luck.

Also, check out what I wrote about the PoolBlaster Catfish a couple of posts prior to this one in this section. They also have another, less expensive battery operated pool vacuum called the aquabroom that's designed for spas and small pools. The aqua broom might be a stretch for a pool the size of yours though. I myself have never used the aqua broom.

I saw you're a Phoenician after I wrote this. Yeah, you might have the same problems I did with the hose vac, unless your area is totally built up and landscaped to the point you don't really get the desert dust! I'm between Phoenix and Tucson, btw. But it is better than no vac; it does get a good share of the dust. And you are right about the intex filter not being able to stand up to a vacuum, and this is especially true in the desert areas! But if you can afford it, I would recommend the pool blaster (It got the dust better than my suction side vac!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.