Installing New Lighting

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I've got an IG 18X36 Vinyl pool. Currently there is no lighting of any kind.

I had been planning to buy the NiteLighter light for IG pools that sits over the edge of the coping, which runs close about $175. However, I am seriously considering replacing the concrete deck around the pool this summer. With that being the case, it opens the possibility of doing a more complex lighting system.

If I were to replace the deck, what would you guys recommend:
a) Still just buy the NiteLighter
b) Install lights into the walls
c) Install some kind of track fiber optic lights.

I don't know if I have a realistic budget or not, but I was hoping to go no higher than $1,500. However, the cheaper the better, although it needs to do it's job and be reliable, and also as long as I'm spending much anyway, the cool factor certainly plays a roll.

I won't be replacing the vinyl at this time, so I don't know if that plays a roll in the decision.

Thanks!

Do you live in an area with a lot of night time insects? If your answer is yes then I wouldn't put any lighting in the pool as they tend to dive bomb towards the light and end up floating on the surface of your pool. If insects are a problem I would recommend lighting that faces the pool, most of the insects stay towards the main source of light and away from the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.