Does granular (HTH brand) stabilizer/conditioner "go bad"?

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
I've been putting it in for a week now, and I STILL do not show any on my tests. I don't know the temp of my water - we don't have a thermometer right now - but it's pretty cool yet, so I don't know if that's affecting my results. I'm using Stabilizer from who knows when - the old owner left it here and it was left in the pool house all winter and summer last year. It could be even older than a year!!!!

My water LOOKS great though - but of course it's all brand new water from the city - which is good for this newbie pool owner and BBB trier!!! :mrgreen:

duraleigh said:
I realize your FC tests zero but looking at your other numbers gives us the info we need to help.
Actually it's the CYA that's reading zero.

It can take a while for CYA to show up on the test, usually we say to allow a week after adding it. If you've kept adding some all week, stop and give it a few more days then test again.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.