Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easy set ladder in steel agp

1. Back To Top    #1

Easy set ladder in steel agp

We are looking at a Lomart Whispering wind 24x52 pool. We have two of the ladders from our Easy set pools. Can they be used in these steel pools? The package we're looking at (on Ebay) is pool, liner, cleaner only. We'll need to purchase a salt filter in addition to the pool. Any recommendations on the best size to go with? This package is also through poolsupplyworld. Are they a good company to work with?

Thanks,

Susan
    Susan
    16'x48" Intex Ultra Frame Pool, Krystal Klear pump #635 (1,500 gallons)
    "just getting it out of the box"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easy set ladder in steel agp

I can only address the ladder - I don't think they'll be suitable.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. We actually looked at our finances again and decided to go with a 16x48 Ultra frame intex. Its our best option right now financially, and will give us time to decide whether we really want to go permanent, where to place the pool, pool size and be able to use almost immediately. We can pretty much put up any size pool we want, husband wants round, I prefer oval for the aesthetics. We live on a farm with ducks, geese and chickens and are concerned about them and a pool. The main thing I'm really concerned with is wind, we live in the windiest place in the planet.

Thanks again,

Susan
    Susan

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by digivan
    we live in the windiest place in the planet.
    Oh! You must live in my backyard!!!! Cause WE live in the windiest place on the planet!!!!

21x41x54" AG Artesian Seville II
    Installed around 2004 - we moved here in 2008
    23,000 gal
    Hayward SwimPro 256T Sand Filter
    1HP 2speed Hayward Power Flo Matrix
    (and have 2HP Hayward Swimpro and a 2hp 2speed Waterway Hi-Flo pump as back up also!! lol)
    No heating - other than Solar SunRings
    Central IL

5. Back To Top    #5

I noticed in your signature that you use the solar rings. Do you find that they do work well? And do you have to cover the majority of the pool or will only a couple do?
    18x48 Intex Blow Up (Walmart Bag); Intex Krystal Clear Model 633 Filter Pump; 7600 Gal.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by digivan
    Thanks for the reply. We actually looked at our finances again and decided to go with a 16x48 Ultra frame intex. Its our best option right now financially, and will give us time to decide whether we really want to go permanent, where to place the pool, pool size and be able to use almost immediately. We can pretty much put up any size pool we want, husband wants round, I prefer oval for the aesthetics. We live on a farm with ducks, geese and chickens and are concerned about them and a pool. The main thing I'm really concerned with is wind, we live in the windiest place in the planet.

Thanks again,

Susan
    Susan,
    The thing about steps or ladder systems, is that in many areas there is code that requires you to have a selflatching and lockable closure on your ladders. If I get what you are saying you want to just use the intex metal steps from your old inflatable ring pool. For instance in my town unless I have a five foot high fence surrounding my yard, I have to have a lockable gate on my ladder that self latches and can be locked with a pad lock. You might want to check with your code before you make a final decision. In my town this code only applies to permanantly construted pools
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks, we'll keep that information in mind when we purchase a permanent pool. The new Intex pool comes with a new ladder, so we'll just use it. We live in the country so we don't have to worry with some of the codes that people in the city have to deal with. We just have to keep the chickens and ducks out, and of course our son if we're not here. No one lives near us, so having kids get in the pool is not likely.

Thanks for your reply.
    Susan