We recently installed a new 33' above ground pool. We had 3 truckloads of water brought in (about 4,500 gallons) and then filled the rest with our garden hose. The pool currently looks very much like lake water. I've watched the video the pool place provided (at least three times), read all the materials they supplied, read the pool school information on this site (several times), and browsed the forum. Even with all this information, I am unsure about what to do next. I have done the following:
1. After pool was done filling we turned the pump on and let it run overnight (added nothing)
2. Tested pool water - the next morning (pool store)
3. Added Bioguard scale inhibitor - recommended by pool store (not the same place we bought the pool)
4. Waited an hour then added 3 lbs of pH minus
5. Waited until early evening then shocked with "blast - Postassium Monopersulfate" supplied with pool
6. Tested pool 2 hours later (only have test strips at this point) and ph and TA were both still high so I added 4 lbs of pH minus
7. This morning tested the pool again (with test strips) and the results are as follows:
8. Added the last of the pH minus that I had on hand (~ 3 lbs)
9. Waited two hours and tested again
I don't know what to do next. At this point, I have added no chlorine. Should I continue to work on the pH and TA or should I add chlorine?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!