I opened up my pool this year to a green mess. I've gotten all the big stuff out of it but can't seem to beat the algae. A few days ago I found this forum and have been following your advice. Yesterday afternoon I started a major shock on my pool using bleach. My CYA level was at 50ppm when I started so I thought it was in a good range. By the way I use a SWG. I started yesterday afternoon at about 16ppm on my chlorine just going for a shock on the pool. Today after running my SWG through the night my Free Chlorine is at roughly 23ppm. Is this normal. I read how I would have to continuously add chlorine and at this point I haven't had to add since my initial shock. Also, the water is still green not grey like I figured it might be. How long does it normally take to start killing algae. Any help would be appreciated.