Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
This year has been our latest pool opening in 15 years. We usually get the winter cover off and hook up things (except the solar panels) in mid April or so and then panels are a go about Mother's Day. Well, this year was COLD and we re-plumbed as well so I just kept debris out and kept the pool chlorine at shock level until the pump was ready to roll. FINALLY, I got everything good to go, started adding some top off salt today, put my steps in and ran my first tests of the year.

FC: 7ppm
CC: 0pmm
TC: 7ppm
CYA: 20ppm (some still dissolving in a sock in pool at this time)
PH: 7.2
TA: 130
Salt level: 2520 -
water temp went from 54 - 64 today - our first full day of nice weather - 77 today with sunshine and a sunburn to show for it while I cleaned the pool deck and installed the steps, etc.

I haven't started up the SWG yet and will add more salt tomorrow, the TA always runs on the high side but we seem to do ok with our PH around 7.2-7.4

I'm glad all that seemed to go pretty well so far. BUT it is raining right now so who knows what our numbers will show in the morning.

Hey 'mom,
We've had a rather unusual rainy winter/spring around here which delayed things for me. I've actually had to drain water out of my pool a couple-three times already, and I never have had to do that in the past. Gotta be that global warming...oh wait...the planet's cooling..make that climate change... :mrgreen: :whip:

Numbers look pretty good. Hope you get to swim really soon! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.