A Couple of Q's About My Polaris

May 31, 2009
Houston, TX
I have a Polaris 320 that does a smash up job getting the pool clean.....when it is not getting stuck on the steps. No matter how I adjust the direction of the little jet and not matter how I set the flow out of the exhaust, it is drawn like a magnet to the shallow end steps. It winds up giving my house a good drenching and even drsined a considerable amount of water out of the pool when we were gone for a few days.

Are there any secrets to keep this from happening? As a temporary fix, I have moved the connection to another port in the deep end where it can't reach the steps. It is so OCD about getting to that part of the pool, the only thing preventing that from happening now is the length of the hose. Plus, my shallow end does not get a good cleaning.

Secondly, I don't think this has anything to do with the polaris other than it doesn seem to be able to suck it up.....I believe I am getting DE in my pool. Not a bunch, but enough to make me wonder. Isn't there a different bag that will hold this stuuf in there when it cleans? Second part of the is how might the DE be getting introduced into the pool?

sS

Do you mean 320, or do you have a 360/380? I don't think they make a 320, but who knows...

Either way it sounds like you have pressure side cleaner. Does the back up valve work? It's ok if it gets stuck in the steps every now and then as long as it doesn't stay there permanently. That's what the backup valve is there for. If it's working it should cycle on enough to minimize the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.