Free chlorine too low and won't budge

If you are considering replacing your filter, you may want to consider a sand filter utilizing a zeolite filtrate. I used to have a de system, and just got fed up with the maintenance mess and the potential hazards in handling the substance. Quite honestly, I see no difference in the water quality and clarity between the de and zeolite systems. An added benefit, from my personal experience, is that the zeolite filtrate does not require as frequent a backwashing as my previous system. Actually last season I only backwashed twice, once on opening and then again at closing...but your mileage may differ depending on your pool maintenance habits and other factors.

Yeah, living in Rockland, I know about the rains...didn't need to open my sprinkler system yet this season and probably won't :-D

:whoot: Hoooray :whoot: I think. I attacked my pool with a vengance TToday is very cloudy no sun in sight so I superchlorinated it based on the pool calc saying my target shock rate is 14. after adding the recommended dose I tested at 3 so 2 hours later it began to drop so I attacked again and now My free chlorine is at slightly above 14 which is my target. now what? Do i just watch it and if drops to 4 kick it up again. where do i go from here? Do I keep adding and keep it high for a bit or just wait and watch. I brush the floors and walls every 2 hours...

as of now

ph 7.1
fc 14
ta 90
cya 35

added more cya few days ago we had too much rain and it was at 15

Thank you thank you thank you :party: THANK YOU :party: :whoot:

HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU WHO TAKE THE TIME TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE ME... IT DOES NOT EVER GO UNNOTICED :cheers:

*UPDATE********** Good morning. After a full night of once again rain rain rain I am glad to report I still have a chlorine reading of 12! In plain english I just needed to take the amount of shock for my pool and double it to break thru.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.