Here it is from the beginning...I opened my pool and 1/2 the water was gone. I added it back. When the cover was removed my water was slightly green tinted with algae on the walls and sporatic on the floor. I shocked with powder pak plus (leslies) i used 12 bags as well as brushed the pool for days. Finally the water was clear and algae gone. I have no slime and water is still clear however... I have what looks like de powder in clumps all around the floor. When i brush it it dissipates into a cloud and makes the water hazy until it settles back down again. Nothing of the walls just the floor. How do i know if this is dead algae or de powder and my filter may be damaged? I used my dolphin to clean the pool and it sparkled. Once the filter went back on 1 hour later the powder substance was back. When i cleaned the bag of the vacumn it was caked with thick mush. After hosing it out i noticed it dried on my deck like a whitish powder. I hosed it off later....... but here is my real major problem. I cannot get a fc reading past 0.5 It has been at 0.5 Since i opened the pool. I have trichlor 3" tabs in floater as well as in inline chlorinator. My cya was 0 i added conditioner and it is now at 30. (Prioir to the terenchal rains my other readins were good . Fc 0.5 Cc 0.5. Leslie said maybe chlorine lock so iadded fresh n clear non chlorine shock... Nothing moved. Last night i added 5 jugs of 6% bleach at 182 oz per jug.(Last night it poured) 1 hour after adding chlorine still no change. How do i get my fc up? And how do i know if the bottom stuff is dead algae or de powder? I will try to post the picture..... Thank you in advance i am in need of help desperatly.
22X44 ingrnd approx 40000 gallons,vinyl liner
hayward de filter with inline chlorinator
please describe in detail how to super shock and overnight fc test i have seen this mentioned but do not understand it. I d not know how much de to put in my filter i put about 3 coffe cans. I do nto know the filter size i bought the house and it was here no book nothing!! I think it is a micro clear duralon/permaglass
Edited for capitalization. JasonLion