Amount of chlorine produced by Aqua Plus?

mnb

Feb 18, 2009
NW Chicago Suburb, IL
I'm trying to figure out how much chlorine my SWG produces at different percentage settings. Something like at x% with pump running 24 hrs a day it produces x amount.

With my setup, I'm only having to have it set at 5-6% and I am consistently getting readings of 3-5 for fc. From what I've read of others settings that is really a low setting.

My pool is 15,000 fiberglass and I have an auto safety cover that we keep closed when we are not swimming. So, as of right now it is not getting a whole lot of hours of sunlight per week. Is it the cover that is allowing me to run at such a low rate and still have the chlorine level be fine?

I run my pump 24 hours a day. 8 on high and 16 on low. My low has enough flow that both my heater and the SWG will still kick in.

Thanks.

Latest readings:
fc 3
tc 3
ph 7.6
ta 110
ca 270
cya 80-100
salt 3200

The combination of the cover and the 24 hour pump run time is the reason you can use such a lower percentage. In normal day to day operation, most of your chlorine is lost to sunlight. The cover prevents the great majority of that sunlight loss, and so dramatically reduces your chlorine usage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.