CYA in dichlor

It should register as soon as it is mixed by circulation. It dissolves almost right away so Dichlor is a convenient way of adding chlorine and CYA simultaneously, though unless you wanted to shock with a lot of chlorine or only needed to add a smaller amount of CYA, then it's not as good as a pure CYA product for increasing CYA by a larger amount. It's also reasonably economical when accounting for getting both chlorine and CYA simultaneously (see this post).

Thank you! That is exactly why I used it, I needed chlorine and wanted to boost my CYA. I was getting an increased reading after a couple days, but wasn't sure if I should be. I've had some strange CYA behavior this year with it increasing after adding dichlor then dropping back down a few weeks later. I have been targeting 40 hopefully it will stay there this time!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.