Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Owners of a PRJ: How do YOU remove your cleaner.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Owners of a PRJ: How do YOU remove your cleaner.....

from the pool? I just received my Pool Rover Jr from Doheny's. I was reading the instruction manual and it says to gently pull the cleaner toward you using the floating cable and once it's within reach, remove it using the handle only. Well I don't have octopus arms so there's no way I can reach that far down into the water. Do you actually get in the pool to take it out or pull on the cable enough to pull the cleaner almost to the surface? I don't want to damage the cable by pulling too much. Just wondering how you all have been doing it? Thanks!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Owners of a PRJ: How do YOU remove your cleaner.....

I have the Plus, not the Junior. But yes, you use the cable to pull it to the surface. As long as Rover is underwater, you aren't putting much stress on the cable (it is pretty robust anyway).

What I do is reach across the Rover to the handle furthest away from me, the tip it over resting on the pool lip (don't pinch the cable) and let all of the water drain out of the Rover while it is mostly upside down. That way, the water runs through the filter bag on its way back to the pool, not the open ports at the bottom.
    20 x 40 vinyl IG. SWG. Solar. Ikeric VS pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, great and thanks for the tip!
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

4. Back To Top    #4

I tied a rope from one handle to the other - the rope floats and I grab the rope. That thing is HEAVY so it helps me out to have that extra to give a yank and pull it up.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!