Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swimming when pool is out of whack?

1. Back To Top    #1

Topeka, KS

Swimming when pool is out of whack?

What happens if you swim in a pool where the chemicals are out of whack? I got pretty upset when a couple members of my family hopped the fence to swim..... I had told my wife that I didn't want anyone swimming until I had the water tested. She gave them the go-ahead anyway.
    My question is what could have happened? My water tested fine, but was cloudy as **** the day before. I shocked it real good and it was clear the next day as was the water test at the pool store.
    18x36 Buster Crab in ground, 3' shallow 8' deep, Hayward super pump, 300lb sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Swimming when pool is out of whack?

As long as the FC level was above zero, it is relatively safe. The main risk is skin or eye irritation from the PH being way out of range. If the FC level was zero then worse things are possible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School