Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Sinking Spring, PA

Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit

The PB came out today and started up the pool equipment for the first time.

He also left a three ring note book for me with information. We do have a 2 to 3 hour indoctrination scheduled for this Thursday, but I went ahead and flipped through the note book.

In it he recommends buying a product called "Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit" . Has anyone used this product?

Here is a link I found ... ts/show/23

Thanks for any input!!
    4th Year Pool owner in Sinking Spring PA
    46'x23' Free Form Concrete (34,000 gallons), Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen Finish, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG
    Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair D.E. FNS Filter, Pentair MasterTemp heater.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit

bah. see waterbear's post about halfway down:
    most of that stuff isn't needed if you follow the BBB plan. to go line by line per that website...
    salt: just need the cheap solar salt
    metal deactivator: does your water even have metals?
    phosphate remover: not needed if you follow correct chlorine/cya which should be easy for you with a new pool and swg.
    conditioner: CYA. definitely needed. can get from walmart. he should put some in himself as part of the startup (or at least, my guy did).
    stabilizer: borates. see the borate sticky in the chemistry 201 forum.
    enzymes: not needed if you follow correct chlorine/cya which should be easy for you with a new pool and swg.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Salt Water Magic Monthly Kit

Salt water magic is an expensive mix of salt, borax (and boric acid for pH neutrality), EDTA (a sequesterant you may or may not need--it's not the most effective sequesterant anyway) and CYA. Add them separately and you will be in better control of the levels and you will also save a LOT of money.