Pool Equipment Shed

Sep 2, 2016
Roseville
Hi All,
I've looked through all the old posts on this topic and want to see if there are any new products out there. Looking to put a shed/cover over my pool pump/equipment. I don't have a heater so no worries there (thank you California heat).

Any suggestions? I was thinking something like the shed below. Or are their better products out there?

Questions:
- Does this have enough ventilation?
- What do you do about it have a required floor to build?

Attachments

• 16851337.jpg
    16851337.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 86
Adding a shed over your equipment will add to the life.

If that is what you are looking for almost any of the sheds in the HD or Lowes parking lots will work. Ventilation usually isn't an issue. If you need to add some vents down low and a six inch turbine on the top.

You an install it over a concrete slab.

My major shed problem is that surface water comes across the slab and under my shed walls so I have to keep the doors cracked to allow it to air out.

If you are worried about rain and the sun, just an overhang would work. It makes easier to get to the equipment too.

For the first 10 years, I didn't even cover my equipment but the area gets pretty hot in the summer so now I am just using a shade sail mainly for my benefit. From what I have seen, the equipment doesn't seem to mind the elements much in this climate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.