Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just a quick note to thank the Admins and Members for this site
I started reading it late last year when looking at buying the house I now own
It has a 15 or so year old pool. I hadn't owned a pool myself but I intended to learn and attempt to take care of the pool myself.

I was prepared to pay a pool service if need be but decided to try The TFPC Method
The end result is that the pool stayed remarkably clear and swimable all year. I started with bleach and eventually added salt and turned on the SWG.

I think I SLAMed the pool once to get on top of some slight algea growing in the beach entry and the fiber stars lights.
Since then its been easy basic maintenance with Zero chemical from Pool store.
Some bleach from Walmart and some salt from home depot. I also bought some CYA from walmart but that was about it ...

Really easy and the water has been clear all season.
I still need to replaster but it was great getting the first year under my belt first...

Ive decided to keep the pool heated for another month or so till the gas bill gets crazy. We have had pretty warm fall so its not bad yet

Thanks again

That is great to hear!! Glad you have a good season.

Quick question, I did not see a mention of adding acid to lower the pH. If is very common to have to add a fair amount with SWG pools, especially if your TA is high. Did you not see your pH rising?

Yes Sorry - Acid from Home Depot as well
Its averaging about 16-32 oz a week give or take
There were also a few other things here and there.
I used some left over cal hypo to raise Cal etc...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.