Pool Noodle Instead of Gizmo?

Aug 24, 2016
HICKSVILLE, NY
Not sure where I got this idea...probably here. I closed 2 weeks ago, screwing Gizmos into the bottom of the skimmers. It seems to me that a noodle, properly "curled" into the skimmer, would displace a lot of water that might otherwise pour in, as well as protect against ice expansion. Instead of Gizmos, I would then use rubber expansion plugs to seal off the skimmer lines. Has anyone tried this? Is this feasible?

Not sure where I got this idea...probably here. I closed 2 weeks ago, screwing Gizmos into the bottom of the skimmers. It seems to me that a noodle, properly "curled" into the skimmer, would displace a lot of water that might otherwise pour in, as well as protect against ice expansion. Instead of Gizmos, I would then use rubber expansion plugs to seal off the skimmer lines. Has anyone tried this? Is this feasible?

Yes, a lot of people do that and they report good results. I just use a gallon jug of Antifreeze with about 1/4 left in the jug.
It fits in my skimmer perfect, add a little AF in the box and I'm set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.