Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool is clearing and me is getting happy, but

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool is clearing and me is getting happy, but

I am curious about a couple of things. I hope I havent ruined my liner as it looks to be stained, I guess from the algea that was in it all winter and the leaves as well. Is there anything to hopefully bring it back to where it needs to be or just live with it. Will the chlorine help this or am I gonna have to swimm down and try and scrub it with a sock w dry acid in it???
    My Pool:
    Foxx Pool Grecian style 19' X 39'
    27k, with a sand filter=300 lbs of sand

vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool is clearing and me is getting happy, but

If the stains are from organic debris and algae, chlorine and maybe a little brushing should do the job.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

It is fairly common to get organic stains on your liner from leaves left in the pool over the winter. These stains will fade slowly at normal chlorine levels, or somewhat more quickly at shock FC levels.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

When we moved in here (just over two years ago), there were a few stains in our pool (vinyl liner). I didn't think too much of it - it actually looked like someone had dumped chemicals into the pool in a couple of places instead of "broadcasting" them. Anyhow, as I was clearing the pool this year, I realized that they are completely GONE. I can't even see where they were. So maybe after a year or so of BBB maintenance, your pool has a chance of being stain-free?
    12x40x3 IG lap pool, vinyl liner. 26" sand filter, 1HP pump.