could air bubbles enter through the pressure side?

Jul 6, 2016
Gainesville, FL
I just replaced my filter so I got new fittings on the pressure side. Now I am having some air bubbles coming out of the jets (not a lot, but enough to be annoying. Also my polaris doesn't run well with air bubbles). I am wondering if any of the new fittings could be letting in air? There is no air trapped on top of the filter.

Sometimes filters can leak air in when the pump is off but don't leak water out when the pump is on because the leak seals with pressure but opens with suction. When the pump is turned back on, you see air coming out of the returns. One way to tell if this is happening is when the pump is running, purge the air out of the filter using the purge valve and then see if air is still coming out of the returns.

Sometimes filters can leak air in when the pump is off but don't leak water out when the pump is on because the leak seals with pressure but opens with suction. When the pump is turned back on, you see air coming out of the returns. One way to tell if this is happening is when the pump is running, purge the air out of the filter using the purge valve and then see if air is still coming out of the returns.
yes- there is still air coming out of the returns. What would be next troubleshooting step?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.