Pool area shade solution

Jul 24, 2016
Vacaville CA.
Several months ago I posted asking for thoughts on poolside shade solutions. After taking into consideration the amount of area we want to shade, the angle of the sun on our seating area, we decided to go big. I considered a shade sail as I like the way they look, but after getting some quotes and doing more research I steered clear of the idea. We had rep's from a couple of patio companies come out to take a look and present some ideas. One guy was totally clueless and never even got back to us with a quote. The other was a woman who had some terrific ideas and in our opinion hit it out of the park. The new patio cover merry's with the existing patio and extends 5 feet over the pool. The extension is two times larger than the existing patio, includes lighting. Power outlet, wireing for speakers and a ceiling fan.
85E68438-94C7-4F16-AB16-F0B69D6724B0_zpsgekftyck.jpg
314C145A-C784-4FFD-AA3B-4D26B7634302_zpss323sqea.jpg

I love how it looks! I would like to see a side picture that shows how it overhangs the pool.

I love it when someone listens and seems to understand what the needs are like the lady did with your shade!

Kim:kim:

Just what I was looking for.....that gives a good idea of how far it comes over the pool. Man that is NICE! What is it made of?

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim, we like it too and are looking forward to utilizing the new found shade next summer. All exterior components are aluminum but there are interior steel supports and mounting brackets. It comes pre painted with a few colors to choose from. We will be painting the beams, support colums, trim etc. to match the trim on our home and existing patio. Total cost was $12,000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.