In-ground concrete to liner retrofit

Jun 2, 2016
Bridgeville, PA
I just had my pool retrofitted with liner. The contractor and liner rep did a custom measure and the liner was fabricated and installed. I now have water in the pool and I'm concerned about the liner fit. The pool had square corners and now that the liner is in and water in the pool the corners have about a 12" radius and are not conforming to the walls. The contractor says this is normal, but I'm skeptical. I feel like this is going to cause a problem with puncturing and tearing down the line. If it was a 1" radius I wouldn't be too worried. Am I worrying about nothing or should I arrange for the liner rep to come to have a look?

Ideally, the square corners should have been filled to radius them off before liner installation. This could have been done with concrete or vermiculite material 90 degree corners just aren't a good match for liners, even if the liner is cut using precise measurements. I would also be concerned with that large of a radius in the corner, without wall radius to match.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.