Pool coping trim

wiz28

Mar 7, 2008
Hello. I am new to this site but looking desperately for some help. I have a trim around the coping I am looking to replace. Old owners used a floor trim (cove base) to put around the coping. A trim of sorts. This trim has to be glued on and now I have rust building behind it and I am looking to re-do the whole thing but I do not want to glue this type of trim back on again. It is easy to find but gluing this on will be a very teidous job. I found a site with someone having the exact same problem I am and will post the link at the end. He has an old trim around his but it is exactly what I am looking for. I have the exact same set-up he does. I have contacted VASTEC USA Cardinal pools and Pleasure way pools and even the local pool stores. NO ONE seems to know what the heck this is! Anyone here know, please please please let me know and where I can get something to resolve this.Thank you! here is the link......http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index ... &pid=58389

Wow, I've never seen a pool like that, still makes me wonder why companies made things like coping out of plastic thinking it will last forever. Well anyways I would would get rid of the plastic trim and begin prepping the aluminum coping fill the gaps with bondo or fiberglass make everything nice and smooth and then paint it white. That's what I would do since the coping just looks like flat aluminum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.