tub rebuild

Oct 20, 2016
Lagrange
Just got power hooked to a old master spas ls 800 i got off of craigslist. The good news is the the pumps and controls work fine. The bad is the jets leak. I filled it up and want to flush it out before I drain it and fix the leaky jets. I have some ahh some to clean it out with, I am wondering if i should add some bleach to shock it too. From what I can find it holds 485 gal.

Ok got the leaks fixed and purged it twice with ahh some. boy does that stuff work good! I filled it back up with straight well water and added a splash of bleach after it was up to temp.
So far I have
Fc8.5
Cya 0
Ph 8+ ??
Ta 270
Ch 200
I am going to find some dichlor today. Anything else?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Any of the Spa parts places on the web sell silicone donut gaskets that make resealing jets pretty straight forward. I definitely recommend using these instead of trying to reseal the jets with gobs of liquid silicone from a tube. Any bit of movement will break the seal on the goop, and you're back where you started.

The hardest part is figuring out which of the hundreds of jet parts/gaskets etc. that are listed on the site are actually the ones you need. I've got a box full of parts that looked correct in the picture, but were all wrong when they arrived. The other hard part is figuring out how to unscrew/remove the jet body from the tub without breaking it, since most of the jet tend to become brittle with age/chlorine exposure. I'd plan to buy a few replacements. Some of the smaller 1" jets have a cover that pops off, revealing a hex head socket in the jet well that you can use to unscrew and remove the threaded jet insert on the tub side from the jet body on the backside. Be careful not to bend the 'flexible' pvc tubing much or it can start to leak, especially where it enters the jet body.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.