Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Snake!

1. Back To Top    #1

Snake!

The oddest thing happened this morning when I checked the skimmers so I thought I'd post it here just in case I should be concerned, and provide a laugh otherwise.

My pump runs at 35 GPM and it was running throughout this event.

Skimmer A had a few leaves and such so I emptied it.

Skimmer B had a few leaves AND a small snake (alive, brown, about 10").

I was trying to remove the snake and in doing so I pulled the skimmer out and the snake went into the suction line. Thinking it went to the pump, I checked the pump basket and no snake. Then I checked the other skimmer and there was the snake. It escaped Skimmer A and went into the pool so I got it with my pool brush and tossed him out.

I was quite surprised that the snake was able to swim against the flow of the suction line and made it to Skimmer A. I thought it was kind of funny but should I be concerned about anything here?
    23,000 gallon gunite chlorine pool / spa .. French Gray Pebble Sheen .. IntelliFlo VF main pump .. IntelliFlo VS spa booster pump .. WhisperFlo 1HP water feature pump .. LA01N .75HP cleaner booster pump .. Letro Legend Platinum cleaner .. Quad DE 100 filter .. Max-E-Therm 400k heater .. Rainbow 320 chlorinator .. 1.5HP blower .. Easy Touch 8 remote control .. 8 Twirlybyrd jet spa .. Paralevel .. TF-100 w/SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Snake!

That is pretty interesting. Nothing to be concerned about.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Snake!

hahaha...
    good story!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!