New pool installation--starting from scratch

sandman98

Silver Supporter
Aug 17, 2016
Warminster, PA
Hi All,
Finally broke ground today on our new pool installation--just a couple quick questions about the TFPC method when starting from scratch. I have a TF-100 on order.

Pool is an IG Fiberglass Viking Coronado, 13000 gallons, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Cartridge filter (320), Intellichlor SWG, and Pentair electric heat pump (125 btu). I'm located in the Philadelphia suburbs.

I have been lurking here for a couple months, reading about water chemistry and the basics of TFPC. Once the pool is filled, what order do I begin balancing water chemistry? Builder will be adding the salt.

From what I've read here:
1. Add cyanuric acid to 70-80 ppm, as well as bleach initially to keep FC levels adequate. Ground temps (and I'm assuming water temps) are averaging around 65F right now.
2. Adjust TA to 60-80 ppm.
3. Adjust pH to 7.2-7.8.
4. Adjust Calcium hardness to 220-320 ppm.

Does this sound about right? Am I missing anything obvious right now?

Any help would be much appreciated. First time pool owner here, and I'd like to start this off on the right foot.

Check your pH, TA and calcium first and adjust as needed. Good luck with your new pool!

Love it so far! Was it fun to watch the crane do it's thing??

Since your build will go fast have you thought about a test kit yet? Is your PB providing one? If so let us know which one so we can help you fill in any holes it might have.

Kim:kim:

yes, really interesting to watch these guys with the excavator and maneuvering the pool with it. TF-100 shipped today--i guess i'll check my tap water when it arrives to get a baseline for my chemical needs (i am filling from the hose bibs).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.