Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clean algae in drained seasonal pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Clean algae in drained seasonal pool?

Hi all! I want to start off my first post by thanking everyone who posts here. When we got this seasonal above-ground pool for summer I found great help here. Using nothing but stuff from Wal-Mart (and PoolMath!) I was able to keep the pool crystal clear all season without breaking the bank.
    Unfortunately, we have been busy the last 3-4 weeks and not adding chemicals. We have drained the pool and now have algae all over the bottom. Tried vacuuming and the algae just goes out the little bag thingy.
    Suggestions on how to clean it for packing? I was thinking some of the Wal-Mart liquid chlorine (10% I think) mixed with water and some type of deck brush? Then rinse as best as we can and pump it all out?

Thanks!
    2,708g Bestway Steel Pro 12' x 48" Frame Pool Set (seasonal) | PVC and polyester 3-ply wall | Bestway 530g filter pump | 5-way test kit |

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clean algae in drained seasonal pool?

I thinks thats what I would do with a mix of 4:1 water bleach, spray, scrub with a soft broom/brush and rinse once the pool was empty. Make sure to dry the liner off before you pack it away
    6000 gal, AG vinyl, Intex ultra frame 16ft, 1200 Gallon Sand Filter, DIY Solar, Clear Choice Labs Testing Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Clean algae in drained seasonal pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Caco View Post
    I thinks thats what I would do with a mix of 4:1 water bleach, spray, scrub with a soft broom/brush and rinse once the pool was empty. Make sure to dry the liner off before you pack it away
    Solid plan there ^^^

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!