Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slotted return for 40mm unthreaded return pipe

1. Back To Top    #1

Slotted return for 40mm unthreaded return pipe

I have recently installed a poolskim and it is working well, however, I want to increase the water circulation at the shallow end to get a dead spot in the pool moving and hopefully catch debris from there before it sinks. From reading here, slotted returns appear to be the answer. I have a concrete/plaster pool with un-threaded return pipes that have push in fittings currently. However, I cannot find a 40mm (1.5 inch) push in slotted return anywhere online , they all seem to be threaded.

Does anyone know of a source? or

Can you suggest a method to convert a return to a threaded one, preferably without making it obtrude too much into the pool and preferably without draining the pool to below the return.

With thanks,
    ​GeoQuack
    Melbourne, Australia. Plaster pool 44,000 Litre (11,625 US gallons), 2 HP 1 speed pump, Zodiac LM3-40 SWG, Zodiac CX20 robotic cleaner, PoolSkim, solar heating, sand filter, clearchoicelabs.com.au test kit (TF100 or taylors not available in Australia), big eucalypt that drops infinate leaves, gum nuts, pollen and sticks into pool

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Slotted return for 40mm unthreaded return pipe

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    ​GeoQuack
    Melbourne, Australia. Plaster pool 44,000 Litre (11,625 US gallons), 2 HP 1 speed pump, Zodiac LM3-40 SWG, Zodiac CX20 robotic cleaner, PoolSkim, solar heating, sand filter, clearchoicelabs.com.au test kit (TF100 or taylors not available in Australia), big eucalypt that drops infinate leaves, gum nuts, pollen and sticks into pool