Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair T40FG

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair T40FG

I'm considering installing this automatic pool filler. I've ran my pump dry too many times.

I think I have to drill a hole in the side of the pool and then tunnel, under the deck. I have a water source pretty close to where I'd put it, and it seems reliable enough. I'd rather do something less invasive, but I'm about to drain and refill so it feels like now or never.

Any recommendations? Thoughts? Warnings? I did a search and did not find anything useful.

Anyone have a auto auto fill they like?

Amazon.com : Pentair T40FG Autofill Automatic Water Filler with Fluidmaster Valve, Gray : Outdoor Spas : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Jon -- 28kgal, IG, AquaBright, Attached Spa, ~1990, Quad DE 80, Easytouch8, IntelliFloVS-3050, Intellichlor60, IntelliPh, Dolphin DX6, City Water, K-2006/TF-100, SpeedStir, SampleSizer, San Diego, CA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair T40FG

That is the one I have, except mine is the older ball float version. It was set 5 years ago and has worked flawlessly ever since. I wouldn't have a pool without an autofill, overflow and swg. Those three things take a lot of hassle out of pool care.

Another option is a hose on a hose timer or an irrigation line on an irrigation system. You could set it to run 10, 20, 30 min per day or whatever keeps it at the right level.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Any thought as to how to drill a 1.8" hole through the gunite?
    Jon -- 28kgal, IG, AquaBright, Attached Spa, ~1990, Quad DE 80, Easytouch8, IntelliFloVS-3050, Intellichlor60, IntelliPh, Dolphin DX6, City Water, K-2006/TF-100, SpeedStir, SampleSizer, San Diego, CA

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok. 2" core drill on its way. I plan on using marine epoxy to seal it back up once the PVC pipe is in.

5. Back To Top    #5

Let the fun begin!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Automatic Water Level System

I much prefer this style. They should have one at PEP
    -Brian-
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Brian. This one looks far easier to install too.

8. Back To Top    #8

There are some that connect to a garden hose and sit on the deck.

9. Back To Top    #9

And way cheaper. Thanks Brian!

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

-Brian-
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD