Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pool first time owner Tampa Fl

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool first time owner Tampa Fl

We'll after years of talking about it, the wife and I decided to put in a pool. Our backyard was an overgrown mess and never used. We signed a contract two weeks ago. Last week the jungle got torn down and stumps were ground out. The pool company is planning on coming this week to bust up the old concrete patio and to layout the frame (or whatever it's called) so that when they get the permit back from the county they can start digging.

We're super excited and I'm sure we'll have a ton of questions along the way. It is 390 sf ft 33' by 14' and fairly shallow 3-5 ft deep. We decided to go with a salt water system, a Luna quartz finish, a sunshelf, and a rock waterfall. We debated back and forth with pavers or travertine and ultimately decided on pavers.

Will update with pictures and questions along the way. Thanks for the add- Scott

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool first time owner Tampa Fl

Welcome to TFP! Congrats.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

The design

The before shot

After removal of trees

4. Back To Top    #4

HI! SWEET! Anther FL person! I am glad t see you and your pool design and the before and after pics!

You sure did gain some room taking the trees out Well done!

How deep are you thinking for the pool? How deep for the ledge?

Do you have your equipment list yet? If you do share it and we will help make sure it is what and how how big you need. See if you can find out how many gals the PB thinks the pool will be.

We love to help build pools. THEN we will teach you how to care for it so you never get Pool $tored!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I updated the measurements. It's on the small side at 390 sq ft. The paperwork says 3-5 ft. I'll have to ask about gallons. And I'd have to take a look at the equiptment list to see what I'm getting.

6. Back To Top    #6

Three feet is pretty shallow. You might want to hold a tape measure beside your leg and see if you really want it that shallow. Also, whatever depth you choose, make sure it is noted "water depth" not depth from the coping elevation.

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey TampaScott, welcome to the forum!!! We are in the same process as you at this time in NE Fla. Please be sure to post your choices for the pool if you've picked them out. Can't wait to see how it progresses
    Dream freeform pool 34 x 19 w/sheer descent waterfall, 7 ft spa with 6 jets W/ Jandy T3000 heater, doggie deck (sun shelf) with with Jandy Nicheless LED 9 w Watercolor light and a wrap bench to spa, 831 sq ft of paver decking ( Belgard Mega-Cambridge paver in Aragon), Pebble Tec finish in Midnight Blue with Shimmering Sea (abalone), I-Auqualink PS4 with spa side switch/remote. Pool and deck area to be screen enclosed.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just checked the county website and the permit is ready to be picked up! Just under two weeks since they filed it. The builder should break ground in a day or so.

9. Back To Top    #9

Following this now ( from THT )
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

10. Back To Top    #10

PB knocked out the concrete patios and set up the wood frame. We'll most of it. They're planning on digging on Monday and shooting the pool by the end of next week.

11. Back To Top    #11

At least you can see the shape and placement..........how does it look to you? Have you measured to make sure it is correct?

Do you like where it is and the angles? NOW is the time to tweak it if you want.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Yes. I've been outside with the tape measure and the plans. The numbers are a little off from the design. It looks about 2 feet longer and it's closer to the fence but that's fine by me. Otherwise it looks good. Also getting to see how much sun and shade the pool will have (during this time of year anyway.)

13. Back To Top    #13

Hi tampascott here are a few suggestions
    Congrats, some suggestions if I may?
    1. If you are putting a pool cage, Speaking from experience. Put in a double door on one of the sides. I only had one door and ended up putting in a double door and another single door on the opposite side. I should have listened to my wife
    2. Plan on plumbing electrical and water for a future summer kitchen.
    3. Plan on adding solar and heat pump in your equipment pad.
    4. Make sure that you have a very large equipment pad.
    5. Put in water spigots in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
    6. Put in electrical outlets in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
    7. Go with a large outdoor space as possible. We have 1800sq ft of pavers and we wish we did a larger space. You will be quite surprised how much room tables chairs and lounges take up.
    8. Run conduits for speaker wires if you plan on wired speakers.
    9. Put in footers for future screen cage. Some people do not like the pool cage however we believe in it as we swim a lot at nighttime.
    Look at the 3 links in my signature bar for ideas. Post lots of pics
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for your suggestions. We are planning on a future raised composite deck that will go up against the paver patio. This is where we'll have some sort of outdoor kitchen. So we'll run the electric there now. Adding water also makes sense. I'll look in to that as well.

No interest in a heater or screen, but the pb said that can easily be added later if we wanted to. Although we're forgoing the footers due to the irregular shape of the deck. But that could be squared off in the future and footers added.

The location of the equiptment pad will have plenty of room to expand. I was planning on putting down landscape fabric and then crushed shell for that area. But it sounds like many chose to pour a concrete pad.

15. Back To Top    #15

Day 1 of the build. Dug the pool, started plumbing and rebar.

16. Back To Top    #16

Let the mud begin!!!! What fun!

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

Build Day 2. Rebar all finished and plumbing roughed in. %5BURL=http://s166.photobucket.com/user/7873/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0922.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/7873/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0922.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

18. Back To Top    #18

The pics did not work PLEASE try again, pretty please!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Yeah. Photobucket has not been working smoothly for me. Will try again.

20. Back To Top    #20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast