Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing Auqa Trol HP SWG on AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterizing Auqa Trol HP SWG on AGP

Ok,Draining water and have unhooked the Switch and Cell from PVC plumbing.? is should I put these 2 pc's up somewhere or just hook back inline for the winter.Cell look's good.Wondering if I should clean cell before winter.Also Control Box OK to leave and cover up for the winter?
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Winterizing Auqa Trol HP SWG on AGP

I can't advise you about removing the equipment as I don't close my pool down. If you've already removed I'd just store them inside over the winter. Can't hurt, huh?

I would not clean the cell *unless* it appears to need cleaning. It can shorten the lifespan of the plates if done unnecessarily.

My control box sits outside year round, but in the coldest weather when its freezing overnight (since we don't close) Skippy puts moving blankets and a tarp over the pool equipment along with a hanging auto light underneath and we run the pump overnight. No problems at all with the SWG control box (knock on wood!)
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Winterizing Auqa Trol HP SWG on AGP

Thank You!!..I did read where the Control Box is made for the weather.I'm finishing blowing the lines out today and will cover everything with Tarp.We don't have reallt hard winter's here in the Tarheel State.
    Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    I can't advise you about removing the equipment as I don't close my pool down. If you've already removed I'd just store them inside over the winter. Can't hurt, huh?

I would not clean the cell *unless* it appears to need cleaning. It can shorten the lifespan of the plates if done unnecessarily.

My control box sits outside year round, but in the coldest weather when its freezing overnight (since we don't close) Skippy puts moving blankets and a tarp over the pool equipment along with a hanging auto light underneath and we run the pump overnight. No problems at all with the SWG control box (knock on wood!)
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit