Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not Cold Enough for Closing, But Tons of Leaves

1. Back To Top    #1

Not Cold Enough for Closing, But Tons of Leaves

My water temp is not cold enough for closing - 67* with air temps to be in upper 80s and 90s for the next week. It has been very windy here lately and looks like that is not changing any time soon.

We intend to get a mesh leaf cover to use while leaves are dropping to save the winter cover we are getting. My question is since it has been so windy and leaves are already falling, would it be possible to have the mesh cover on without the winter cover until it becomes cold enough to close?
    VinDeeLoo
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not Cold Enough for Closing, But Tons of Leaves

What type of leaf mesh cover do you have? Is it a quick install/uninstall? If so, no reason why not!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure. We need to order them. We are looking at Leslie's to order from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    VinDeeLoo
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

4. Back To Top    #4

We installed the winter cover already due to leaves.
    Put chemicals in and will do a final test and pull plumbing in a few weeks.
    Pool installed 8/2015. 30' round radiant pool. 21,000 gallons. 200# sand. Hayward Vari flow XL valve. 1.5hp Hayward Power-Flo Matrix running 10 hours/day in two periods. TF100 with speed stir.
    Order test kit TF-100 w/ Speed Stir and then Poolmath Calculator --- RECOMMENDED LEVELS --- POOL SCHOOL --- SLAM --- Chlorine/CYA CHART.

5. Back To Top    #5

A mesh net is easy to put on or take off and it's a good idea to keep the leaves out of your pool.
    Larry
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

6. Back To Top    #6

We need to do something. Came home tonight to red dirt coating the bottom. Gonna take forever to clean it. Grrrrr!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    VinDeeLoo

7. Back To Top    #7

Go ahead an get a mesh leaf cover. Around a hundred bucks last I looked. Your pool may be cheaper.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.