Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Impower pump motor problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Impower pump motor problem

I have a marathon impower pool pump that runs normally and after a while the display leds and the switches stop working. When the pump is powered off the pump starts working normally and runs for approx 1 hour and then fault reappears. I noticed that someone had resolved the fault and wondered if they could let me know what they did.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Impower pump motor problem

Welcome to the forum.

I did did a forum search and don't see too many threads on your pump, and the one I found that was similar did not post a fix. The member has not posted since 2014:
    impower, sntech pump motor problems

Hopefully this bump will get your thread some more attention.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Impower pump motor problem

Thank you for looking. I also thought I had solved it. I noticed the 5v regulator chip showed signs of running hot so resoldered it and ran the pump without the cover for the control board. It
    Ran all day with the leds still on. However when I reassembled it the reapeared.