Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Used Sundance Cameo Getting Ready to Start Up

1. Back To Top    #1

Used Sundance Cameo Getting Ready to Start Up

It's finally on line ! # ! # ! # ! # ! # !

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Used Sundance Cameo Getting Ready to Start Up

Hello and congrats on your new spa!

I too am the happy owner of a 'used' Sundance Cameo that we got earlier this summer.
    It's a great product, we've had no trouble with it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as well.

Ron

IMG_2735.jpg
    Sundance Cameo portable Spa, 370 gallons, 101oF, cover on when tub not in use, Ocean Technologies SWCG with T-Cell-5, Taylor K-2006 test kit;
    FC: 6-8 ppm; CC: < 0.5 ppm; pH: 7.6; CYA: 25ppm; TA: 45ppm; CH: 125ppm; Borates: 40ppm;
    Salt: 1000 ppm = mfg. specs;

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by presse55 View Post
    Hello and congrats on your new spa!

I too am the happy owner of a 'used' Sundance Cameo that we got earlier this summer.
    It's a great product, we've had no trouble with it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as well.

Ron

IMG_2735.jpg
    Hi Ron,

Congrats. That's a great tub, I'll trade you my chestnut panels for your mahogany...lol May I ask you a quick question, what's you free chlorine consumption like ? I'm consuming 3-5 ppm in less than a day and have been holding the tub at shock level for 2 days with same burn off rates.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, and I do hope you are fully enjoying your tub.

I use a SWCG, and have not had trouble balancing the water - ie other than the initial learning curve!

I did run a SLAM in the middle of August. After 3 days of keeping FC levels up:

For the OCLT: the FC went from 12 ppm to 11ppm, so a drop of 1ppm in 8 hours;
    For the percentage drop over 24 hours: the FC went from 12 ppm to 8 ppm; so a drop of 33%

Later on in early October, after a line-flush, drain & refill, I took the FC to shock level and did another test.
    The percentage drop over 24 hours: the FC went from 14ppm to 10ppm, so a drop of 28%.

From what I've read on this site, in the case of a covered spa, the percentage drop over 24 hours seems to be what is most relevant to monitor. This link on 24 hour demand may be of interest, if you haven't already seen it.

Hope this helps!

Ron
    Last edited by presse55; 10-21-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added duration of SLAM
    Sundance Cameo portable Spa, 370 gallons, 101oF, cover on when tub not in use, Ocean Technologies SWCG with T-Cell-5, Taylor K-2006 test kit;
    FC: 6-8 ppm; CC: < 0.5 ppm; pH: 7.6; CYA: 25ppm; TA: 45ppm; CH: 125ppm; Borates: 40ppm;
    Salt: 1000 ppm = mfg. specs;