Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Good evening!

    below are my test results for today. Do all of the readings have held steady for the last week except my FC has dropped a bit as a result of letting my trichlor tablets run low.

    Any suggestions?

    FC: 3.0
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.6
    TA: 80
    CH: 280
    CYA: 57
    Temp: 75

    by the way, the kids and I just got out from a swim....ambient temp 85 and pool 75. Wasn't too bad ☃️.

    thanks for taking the time!
    Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Frankhugus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    152

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Congratulations! You bought the best kit to take control of your new pool. Keep an eye on your CYA and consider liquid chlorine and/or bleach. Read the "Getting Started " again and enjoy your pool!
    14,000 Gal, InGround, Spa Attached, Satin-Matrix Northshore Tahoe Pebble-Tec, Remodel 6/15, Taylor K-2006 Kit, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Polaris 280 Sweep, Jandy CL460 Cartridge Filter, Solar Heated.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankhugus View Post
    Congratulations! You bought the best kit to take control of your new pool. Keep an eye on your CYA and consider liquid chlorine and/or bleach. Read the "Getting Started " again and enjoy your pool!

    Thank you! I have considered liquid chlorine and will prob give it a try when I run out of trich tablets.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

  4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad kimkats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    17,557

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Matt! Doing good so far. Please look over this link (print it out and keep it in your test box).

    Pool School - Recommended Levels

    Now what do YOU think? Know these are just suggestions based of an average of pools. Some pools like a TA of X and some like the TA at Y. We will help you dial in YOUR pool once the plaster stops curing.

    Remember that your PH may climb high and fast due to the plaster curing. Keep everything within the recommend levels and all should be good.

    Have you played with Pool Math? A like is in my siggy below.

    Did you leave out a number for your TA?

    Let me know what you think you need to do after looking at the above chart and using Pool Math.

    Kim

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mwalling View Post
    Thank you! I have considered liquid chlorine and will prob give it a try when I run out of trich tablets.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I do worry about you using your tablets much longer as your CYA is getting close to the upper level. If you go much higher it is going to be hard to keep your FC at target. If your FC gets below target the algae monster could come visit LOL

    Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Matt! Doing good so far. Please look over this link (print it out and keep it in your test box).

    Pool School - Recommended Levels

    Now what do YOU think? Know these are just suggestions based of an average of pools. Some pools like a TA of X and some like the TA at Y. We will help you dial in YOUR pool once the plaster stops curing.

    Remember that your PH may climb high and fast due to the plaster curing. Keep everything within the recommend levels and all should be good.

    Have you played with Pool Math? A like is in my siggy below.

    Did you leave out a number for your TA?

    Let me know what you think you need to do after looking at the above chart and using Pool Math.

    Kim

    - - - Updated - - -



    I do worry about you using your tablets much longer as your CYA is getting close to the upper level. If you go much higher it is going to be hard to keep your FC at target. If your FC gets below target the algae monster could come visit LOL

    Kim
    I did leave a zero off the TA. It's 80. I've read A LOT since joining. Sometimes I think it might have been better to remain ignorant but I'm too far into it now!!! Thanks for all the great info in the forums!!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Mod Squad kimkats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    17,557

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Matt, I so hear you on the overload of info! BUT it is SO worth it. Your plaster will last longer and your wallet will be heavier due to TFP.

    Once you see YOUR water looking like a jewel then you see a non-TFP pool you will KNOW why you do what you do! There is nothing else like TFP water!

    Keep an eye on the CYA. Lets call your CYA 60. We round to the highest number instead of in between. You really do not want it to go any higher.

    Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

  7. Back To Top    #7

    TFP Guide
    domct203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Quote Originally Posted by mwalling View Post
    Good evening!

    below are my test results for today. Do all of the readings have held steady for the last week except my FC has dropped a bit as a result of letting my trichlor tablets run low.

    Any suggestions?

    FC: 3.0
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.6
    TA: 80
    CH: 280
    CYA: 57
    Temp: 75

    by the way, the kids and I just got out from a swim....ambient temp 85 and pool 75. Wasn't too bad ☃️.

    thanks for taking the time!
    Welcome to the forum.

    With a CYA of 60ppm (how did you get 57?), your FC is too low. Your minimum FC is 5ppm, it should never fall below that. Your daily FC target is 7-9ppm.

    FC / CYA Chart
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Quote Originally Posted by domct203 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

    With a CYA of 60ppm (how did you get 57?), your FC is too low. Your minimum FC is 5ppm, it should never fall below that. Your daily FC target is 7-9ppm.

    FC / CYA Chart
    The reading was 7/10's of the distance between 50 and 60...

    Thanks for the link!
    Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

  9. Back To Top    #9

    TFP Guide
    pabeader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Dallas Ga
    Posts
    3,000

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    The CYA scale is not linear, so we just round to the next higher number. So call yours 60 and proceed from there.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

  10. Back To Top    #10
    MarianParoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    4,554

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Is the Nature2 still hooked up and operational? If so, we would recommend that you empty/disconnect it. They add silver and copper; neither are good for your pool!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    59

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Is the Nature2 still hooked up and operational? If so, we would recommend that you empty/disconnect it. They add silver and copper; neither are good for your pool!
    I use it for my trichlor tabs but the cartridge is empty.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

  12. Back To Top    #12
    MarianParoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Northern IL
    Posts
    4,554

    Re: Getting used to my Taylor K-2006C and my new pool- Please take a look!

    Phew! Okay, time to take the tabs out too. ASAP. CYA of 60 is plenty for now.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •