Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: white chalky residue all over floor in pebble tec

1. Back To Top    #1

white chalky residue all over floor in pebble tec

does anyone know what this white residue on the bottom of my pebble tec is. it appeared all of a sudden and its extremely hard to brush off. it just leaves a little cloud of white behind the steel brush im using on it. brushed it for hours and it doesnt seem like im getting anywhere. i thought maybe calcium.
    i keep the chlor,ph and alk @ 5.0/7.6/90. i just recently dropped the ph to 7.4 to see if it would make brushing easier. still the same though.
    two weeks before the white showed up i noticed a light cloud of algae coming up when i brushed. phosphates were 2500 so i treated it and brought them down to 100 since.
    i just had a guest house constructed in my back yard and landscaped aswell. it appeared just around the time construction finished. wasnt sure if that could have contributed to it somehow since ive never had this problem before.
    im trying to think of anything else that happened in or around the pool that wasnt the usual everyday occurrence but i think thats it.
    anyways if anyone has an idea of what this could be please let me know, id really appreciate it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: white chalky residue all over floor in pebble tec

HI! Welcome to TFP!

How are you testing your water?

That is the FIRST thing we need to know before we go any further.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Maybe the fallout from phosphate treatment

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    HI! Welcome to TFP!

How are you testing your water?

That is the FIRST thing we need to know before we go any further.
    reagents and test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfactor View Post
    reagents and test kit
    More specifically, though, what test kit are you using? Reason for asking is that advice/recommendations here are based on accurate test results, so it's important to be on the same page as far as testing methods.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfactor View Post
    reagents and test kit
    Good! Now lets do some more back work so we know what is what at a glance. Please edit your signature (settings-upper right hand side of this page. Edit signature-middle left). Put in pool type and size (gals), equipment kind and size, features, what test kit.

Please run a full set of tests and post them like this:

FC
    CC
    PH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

While you are waiting to hear back from one of us do some reading here:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This is the corner stone of what we teach here at TFP

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

More here about what type of information we are looking for to better help you. Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach