Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic T104r3 won't manually turn on

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic T104r3 won't manually turn on

There does not appear any way to turn my pump on manually. The manual off/on switch has no affect. Am I missing something? I tried changing the time (like on a light timer) until it turns on but that didn't work either. I'm wondering if by touching it, I broke it.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic T104r3 won't manually turn on

Hello and welcome to TFP! The manual override should work, but weird things do happen. I found this troubleshooting chart that might help you until more response get posted. Great to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Check the voltage coming into the timer, should be around 220v, also check in th little visual window for the motor wheels turning. If all okay then the contacts on back of timer are not moving when you manually turn on. Also check voltage at the load terminals with switch on, if it's 220v then something wrong at motor

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I have been having trouble with the t104 timers. Been noticing that the firemans switch has been interfering with the cam lobe. If you have a firemans switch on your timer, try loosening the two phillips screws that secure it to the backing plate, and re-adjusting it back a bit further away from the cam.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.