Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Heater Cost Calculator Link

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Heater Cost Calculator Link

A lot of people post on TFP to try to estimate potential heating cost. This link is too good not to share!

IME, pretty accurate calculations on heating cost projections, and allows for pretty precise input based on location and pool specs. Check it out!

SWIMMING POOL ENERGY TEMPERATURE CALCULATOR | Neil Anderson
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Heater Cost Calculator Link

Quote Originally Posted by Swampwoman View Post
    A lot of people post on TFP to try to estimate potential heating cost. This link is too good not to share!

IME, pretty accurate calculations on heating cost projections, and allows for pretty precise input based on location and pool specs. Check it out!

SWIMMING POOL ENERGY TEMPERATURE CALCULATOR | Neil Anderson
    Interesting web calculator. Very accurately knew what my nat gas costs were (I cross checked against my bill). But the most interesting result was if I heated the pool to 84F starting in April and continuing to use the heater until the end of September, my gas costs would be ~$950. If I used a solar bubble cover during that time, my gas costs would be essentially $4. Unfortunately, I'm not about to leave my pool covered everyday because that would turn it into a giant hot tub by Jun 1st, BUT using the solar cover on the elbow months would let me, in theory, warm the pool up faster and extend the pool season all the way until December....unfortunately, even with the DIY Solar Reel, putting the cover on and off is a major PITA.

Thanks for the link.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Heater Cost Calculator Link

Nice link-----worth a bookmark.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!