Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Build - Pressure in Lines, BUT.... (Pics attached)

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation Pool Build - Pressure in Lines, BUT.... (Pics attached)

We are halfway through our second pool build (or at least what I call halfway.) The pool deck is supposed to be poured today. I noticed when I got home yesterday that there was water coming out of our skimmer - see pics attached. Also, I noticed that the dirt looked wet where the concrete will be poured.

I texted our pool guy and am waiting to hear from him.

He asked for a picture of the area and what the pressure gage read.

Anyone have any ideas? It seems to my untrained eye that there is a leak somewhere? Perhaps the pipes going to the waterfall?pressure 1.jpgpressure 2.jpg14658321_10209296045790957_1437919203_n.jpg
    Judith and Brian D
    16,000 gal; IG Quartscape; Cartridge Jandy CV460 (150 gpm Max); Jandy Pro 2.0 Variable
    Polaris PB460 3/4 booster; Polaris 280 Cleaner; In Line Chlorinator Tri-Chlor (don't use it) Ozonator
    Fill Date 11/11/2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Build - Pressure in Lines, BUT.... (Pics attached)

OK Update - Skimmer valve was leaking, they replaced it, put the PSI pressure to 25. That doesn't really answer my question on why the ground next to the skimmer was wet. I guess I'll look at the pressure valve this afternoon and see what it is....
    Judith and Brian D
    16,000 gal; IG Quartscape; Cartridge Jandy CV460 (150 gpm Max); Jandy Pro 2.0 Variable
    Polaris PB460 3/4 booster; Polaris 280 Cleaner; In Line Chlorinator Tri-Chlor (don't use it) Ozonator
    Fill Date 11/11/2013

3. Back To Top    #3

This is probably a dumb question but why do they put pressure in the lines when it's not a new pool? Obviously it's to check for leaks but your sig says your pool is a few years old.

4. Back To Top    #4

We've moved and this is our second pool build. We've building the same exact pool as we had before. The equipment will be updated once I have all the info.
    Judith and Brian D
    Fill Date 11/11/2013

5. Back To Top    #5

I can't see how they blocked off the lines to the skimmer... usually its upside-down U that you cut down the middle of the U and unscrew each leg... They put some water in the line when they pressurize so you can find the leaks... I would say that's a leak.. I had to have mine completely replaced (prior to gunite) due to a leak in the fittings. Typically I think they put 20 lbs of pressure in... so it has dropped...
    Cement Pond <--- build - 15K gal, 16 x 34 Rectangle, All Pentair - 520 Filter, 2 Intelliflo 2VST pumps (3hp) - 1 filter/1 water features, EasyTouch 8, Screen Logic, IC60 SWG,
    Pop-up Cleaners (Wet Deck and steps), 2 LED Bubblers, 3 LED 24" waterfalls, 5G LED Pool Light, Quartscapes Reflections Tahoe Blue plaster, Real Coral coping/deck, TF-100 Test Kit, 1766 Salt test kit.