Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 4 week old polaris 280 going in circles

1. Back To Top    #1

4 week old polaris 280 going in circles

Hi , This is my first post on TFP hope sombody has some ideas for me.
    We have just installed a new fiber glass pool in time for summer woot woot
    I purchased a polaris 280 it has been going great guns until this afternoon when i noticed it going in circles its only 4 weeks old so it shouldn't be the gears tail sweep is adjusted so it doesnt spalsh too much i haven't pulled anything apart yet.
    Any suggestions would be gr8. cant ring polaris until monday. Friday Night ATM.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: 4 week old polaris 280 going in circles

Have you tried altering the pressure of the water going to it? It may need you to tweak it a bit. I suggest trying to turn it down and see if that improves performance.

Yip
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

Pull it out and inspect make sure the wheels all turn freely and the tail is installed properly. Make sure the hose is the proper length and not obstructed.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

There is a little nipple and the back bottom that can be adjusted. It may have got knocked to the side which would make it do that.